Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4 {Something old or something new?}

Nearly everyday I drive past the park that is located down the street from our house. Currently, most of the oak trees have been stripped bare of their leaves.

I love the way the bare branches look against the sky as I drive by. So today I stopped to get a shot. I was surprised when I saw this lone leaf on an otherwise bare tree.

I wondered......is the leaf old or is it new?

10 comments:

Mari said...

It's beautiful! And I love the way the branch in the back almost looks like a shadow!

LuAnn said...

This is soooo cool! Nice shot

His Unfailing Love said...

perfect shot, happy new year.

Unknown said...

Great shot and well spotted!

Christina said...

Great shot, and I know your blue sky is MUCH warmer than we're having here!

maresi said...

Nice catch! We hardly ever have bare trees in FL - I'd never know if the leaves were old or new either.

Tim Dustrude said...

Is there anything borrowed in the photo? Cause I see something blue...
Nice shot and good eye spotting it! Congratulations on completing 365! And good luck with 2010 - looks like you're still going with it! :)

bentonflocke said...

fantastic shot - love the point of view and the colour!

Mamí♥Picture said...

What a ♥Beautiful picture!!!
and the edit is stunning!
【ツ】

Chris said...

I had no idea that trees in San Diego lost their leaves.

Or is the tree just sick?