Day 49 {Inspiration}
First I want to thank all of you for the wonderful comments you leave. Your comments inspire me to try to be more creative with my photo's (and editing).
On to the shot of the day. I had some time to kill before picking up our Girl Scout cookie order, so I headed to this artist village that is just down the street. I L-O-V-E this village. It is so colorful and funky. I always find something yummy to photograph.
I was so thrilled to see that one of the studio artist had repainted some of the walk way. Color like this just make me want to run home and start painting.
*************************
Day 48 {Grilling}
It was dinner time and I realized that I hadn't taken a picture for the day. So naturally the first thing that crosses my mind as I check to see if the chicken is done is to take a picture of it.
As I came back in the house to grab my camera (sans grilled chicken) Reid and Jim laughed at me.
As I came back in the house to grab my camera (sans grilled chicken) Reid and Jim laughed at me.
Really? Surely they are used to me shooting pictures of ridiculous stuff by now!
***********************
A note on photo editing. I have learned a lot about using photoshop CS3 on Youtube. Once you learn how to work with layers and masks then applying textures to your photo's is a piece of cake.
Every time I find a new tutorial I am amazed by how much there is to learn. Just when I figure out how to change the contrast in a photo one way, I find a completely different way to do it.
For example, in the top photo all I did to get that picture to pop was to make a copy of the background and then used the soft light blending mode at 100% opacity. I learned that quick tip from Coffeeshop.





23 comments:
The pictures are simply unbelievable inspiriend…. thank you for it!
..and this is why we love you. Thanks for the tip on Cs3, I would never have thought to use YouTube for instruction (I don't have enough time to think outside the box, apparently.) And I must check out Coffeeshop, never used it but keep seeing references to it!
LOVE the walkway photo, what amazing color. And only you could make grilled chicken look like it belonged on the cover of "Cooking Light".
I love that first one :) It so reminds me of Balboa Park. (Maybe that is where you took it? There is a little artist spot right by the Natural History Museum that my hubby and I got to when ever we are in SD.)
And now I want grilled chicken for dinner instead of leftovers :)
what a neat place to have near, i love any place where artists have been! and thanks for sharing that info with us...i have wanted to start learning about photo editing and we do have the software, my kids are the only ones who know how to use it though. :D
I love that walk! Thanks for the info too - I'm going to have to check it out.
It looks so warm there :) Lovely pictures and I'll bet supper rocked!
I love those painted bricks! I'll bet they will develop even more character as time goes on (I know I do!) and they get a little worn and chipped (yeah, that's what happened to me!)
As I heat up leftovers, I'll pretend I'm eating grilled chicken.
Beautiful! I love the colors. You are so good with editing--I need to work on that!
Those painted bricks are amazing! I've been dying for some color around here. What a great photo!
I know what you mean. Whenever I see something funky like that I want to reproduce it at home! :) Maybe if I didn't have such close and conservative neighbors, LOL
I need to look on youtube, thanks for the tips. I have PSE8 and have no clue how to use it.
Wow, I love the first one...I like to walk there...absolutly fantastic...but the second ist also beautiful...
Like your colors and perspectiv...
Hugs Doreen
The colours in the artists' village are so very NICE! They make me feel inspired.
Where is MY artist village? That shot and that walkway...I want them both. Inspiration at its best!!
I especially love the photo of the bicked walkway. Thanks so much for the tips and links. Now just to find the time to play with textures. I am so inspired...
I really just need to use layers more. And both pictures are amazing.
And seriously, shouldn't our families be used to all of our constant picture taking by now? :)
Someday I'll make it back to San Diego and you can show me where this village is -- that would make for a fun day of photography :)
W☺w I love that first sH☺t! and the chicken Mmm so Yummy for my tummy!
I second that about the cs3. I am using PSE8 & now PSCS4 I love the process of learning a new software is always fun...♥
great informations - thank you - love your shots and your work with CS3
great informations - thank you - love your shots and your work with CS3
That walkway is so cool! You did a great job photographing it!
Well, Michelle, I could stay on your blog all day commenting and oohing and aahing at all the marvelous photography... but I have work to do! LOL! :) Thank you for all the eye candy!
That 1st photo os STUNNING! I can see why you love going there for inspiration!
That colorful path is very neat! Sounds like a neat place.
Post a Comment