Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 50 {Lasting Memory}

Yesterday would have been my Grandfathers 97 birthday.  This orchid is one of the lasting memories he left behind.

I wrote a little story about it on my other blog if you want to check it out.

TGIF everyone!

26 comments:

MomOf4 said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Beautiful picture!

LuAnn said...

What an awesome memory!

Gail Dixon said...

What a beautiful memory.

Love the way you captured this with the vivid blue vase in the bottom corner. Very eye-catching.

Unknown said...

Stunning shot - love the blue..

Mari said...

What a beautiful shot! I went to your other blog. Your grandpa sounds like a pretty special guy. Love the Elvis story!

amson said...

Such a stunning effect! I love the contrast!!

Corey~living and loving said...

It is a wonderful shot to evoke the memories. the blue is stunning.

Emmy said...

Sorry for your loss.
That picture is beautiful, love the blue vase it just adds so much

Christina said...

Lovely memory! Thanks for sharing, and I read the entry on your other blog too. Hugs!

Chris said...

This should be framed -- how beautiful.

I have a vase full of fake roses left from my dad's funeral, about eleven years ago. They've taken a real beating over the years, but I just can't let them go - there's so little left to hold on to.

Maike said...

Tolle Aufnahme, bin immer wieder begeistert von deinen Bildausschnitten!!
Auch wenn das Tauwetter Spuren hinterläßt ... ihr könnt offenbar etwas anderes tragen als Stiefel!
Hab ein schönes WE!
maike

Mamí♥Picture said...

That is a Lovely memory! ...♥♥♥

bentonflocke said...

wonderful story of your grandfather and very stunning with the part of Elvis - wow - unbelievable!

Your words about him touched my heart!

Beautiful orchid!

CDB said...

All I can say is WOW...

Jessie said...

You must have that same green thumb for your orchid to bloom every year. It is gorgeous!

Kathy C. said...

What a sweet memory. The photo is beautiful with the brown/reds and the brilliant blue.

4thelove! said...

thank you for keeping memories alive...

Maike said...

Oh, I found out I left here a comment for an other blog the other day. Sorry!!!

The orchid is really beautiful!! My grandmother left me also an orchid as one of the lasting memories of her (and a nordish christmas deer).
I'm sure you'll keep your grandfather for ever in your heart!
Hugs, maike

and thanks for your email!! I'm really curious to see what will hapens in May and June!!

moments-photography said...

Wow, stunning...love the blue point in the corner...fantastic!!!

Hugs Doreen

Danielle Moss said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeautiful!

K @ TS said...

Thats a beautiful shot!

maryt/theteach said...

Michelle, this is an extraordinary shot! :)

debi9kids said...

what a simply gorgeous photo.

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing photograph!

carol daniels said...

I read the story on your other post... I loved it! Thanks for sharing.