
I was raised Catholic. My mom got us to attend church by bribing us with donuts.
As a young child I found just about everything related to the Catholic church frightening
and when I was old enough to say no thanks, I stopped going.
Despite my childhood feelings, I can't deny the fact that the Catholic's know
how to build a pretty mean church.
This Catholic church near the beach has a sign on it with the date of 1948 on it.
The info on the sign is written in Latin (surprise surprise) so I can only
assume that was the date the church was built.



12 comments:
Hi! I stopped by from SITS - I love your picture a day blog! My memories of being catholic are guilt...guilt and more guilt.
Magnificant capture! The architecture is incredible. I was raised Catholic and am now raising my kids Catholic. So much that I disagree with too. I guess we'd find that kind of stuff in most, if not all, organized religion.
Love this photo! Gotta go and figure out what today's photo will be from the ones I shot this afternoon. Some days it's just hard to think about what to photograph.
Sheesh, what is it about religion and GUILT?! Ditto here... but the architecture of this building is incredibly beautiful! What an awesome photo, I love it. :)
1948. That sounds like a very good year for some reason. Happy Birthday to me...
That is one fantastic shot. And one fantastic church.
Glad you joined us. Join us next week, too, even if it is just one shot. I love being able to see all over the world in almost real time with just a few clicks the mouse button.
LOVE the architecture ~ great capture!
I came for a visit from Patty's blog, and have to agree with you about the Catholics knowing how to build interesting churches. Or maybe its just your excellent photography.
Hi Michelle, I followed you over here seeing as how you got in on the ole "Shoot-Out" Patty and I started. Fantastic blog you have going here my friend!!
Your church picture is beautiful. I too think that Catholic churches are so detailed and ornate......so inspiring and reverent.....
Take good care and.......
Steady On
Reggie Girl
Why not give us the Latin and get Blogland person to translate? I'm sure somebody would...
you're right, it's a beautiful church! I saw so many catholic churches in Italy that just completely took my breath away!!
Great pictures this week! You have a great eye, especially this one.
That's a gorgeous church.
My grandma on my moms side is catholic and would take us to church with her when I was little. I wanted to go so I could play on the teeter-totter. I never understood what the priest was saying. After I was an adult I realized that it was because she always went to a spanish speaking church. She was from Spain and even though she spoke English to her family she prefered her native language. LOL!
I love cool religious architecture -- very neat shot!
Post a Comment