Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 148 {Award}

I am not normally a horn tooter, but on Thursday I received a Golden Oak Service Award
from the PTA.   
The Golden Oak Award is the most prestigious of the state PTA's service awards, reserved for individuals or organizations that have made significant contributions to the welfare of children and youth in a school or community.
I don't usually care about stuff like this, but after 9 years service to my girls Elementary school PTA it felt good to be recognized in such a big way!
Toot toot!

8 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

you deserve it, toot toot away! congratulations!

Mari said...

Hooray for you! Congratulations!

Marcy said...

I agree - you certainly deserve it! And you should be very proud that they've recognized and appreciate your hard work - that's a terrific award.

Christina said...

Congratulations on the special recognition for your dedication and hard work! :)

sara said...

way to go!!! now that an award worth tooting over...a horn that is!

bentonflocke said...

congratulations - you really deserve it!!

Tim Dustrude said...

Congratulations! Go ahead and honk your own horn once in a while, it's good for you!

Girl Tornado said...

CONGRATS, definitely go ahead and toot that horn lady! From the sound of your blog, you have devoted mucho time to your kids' school - and such a wonderful and worthy cause, since your girls go there. :)