Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 97 {Light}

This shot was taken inside the church on the campus of USD.  As with many Catholic churches, it is grand.  The stained glass windows and the architecture inside the church are spectacular.

The church didn't have any lights on so it was a perfect opportunity for me to practice taking low light shots.  The ISO was at 1600, so there is a bit of noise to deal with, but I like it.  It is warm and inviting and almost makes me want to reinstate my Catholic girl status.

6 comments:

aurbie said...

I photographed some stained glass, too. Must be that time of year.

Beautiful work. I love that arch over the glass.

sara said...

This is a beautiful picture!!

Chris said...

Gorgeous light here -- and I love the arch.

Tim Dustrude said...

Yeah, that's beautiful!

bentonflocke said...

beautiful picture and wonderful stained glass windows

Girl Tornado said...

I should practice low light shots... you did good with this one, I like the lighting!