The 8th was my birthday and one of the gifts my hubby bought me was a 50mm 1.8f lens. He wanted to buy me a new camera, but I told him I would rather get some new "glass" first and a new camera later.
So all of these next pictures were taken with my new lens, except for day 162. I need to get used to the focus (and get my eyes checked), but I am really enjoying it.
Day 164 {Eat them up yum}
I was in the mood for banana cupcakes this morning so I whipped up a batch. Since my oven is broken I made these mini's in the toaster oven. The first batch of 12 disappeared before I even got the second batch in the oven.
Day 163 {Losing the details}
One of the most difficult things for me to photograph are solid white and solid black objects. I haven't quite figured out how to shoot them and maintain some detail. But I am getting better with my black poodle. I have less shots of her looking like a solid black blob.
Day 162 {That's a wrap}
For our last Girl Scout meeting of the "year" I had the troop over to my house for a sleep over. I asked the girls if they wanted me to plan any crafts or activities and they said, "No thanks....we just want to play and hang out."
Now that is my kind of a meeting!!!
Day 161 {Oh come on...humor me}
Kate was ready early for school so I did a little begging to see if she would model for me in the early morning light. Doesn't she look enthusiastic?
Day 160 {Progress}
I am always amazed at how fast plants grow. I was checking out our tomato plants and discovered a few tom's have sprouted. Yeah! Now I just hope that they don't all mature while we are on vacation.
Day 159 {It's my birthday}
Before anyone could sing me happy birthday I had to play around with taking picture of the candles with my new 50mm 1.8f lens. So much fun being able to take candle lit shots.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









10 comments:
Happy birthday to you!!! (the 9th was my birthday) And even when your daughter looks really unamused by your camera, she is beautiful!!!
Happy belated birthday! Looks like your going to have lots of fun with your gift!
happy birthday, late!!!
someday I will have a "real" camera. Until then, I will vicariously live through you and your playing around with your new lens! :)
summer tomatoes....my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Hey Sweetie, wish you all the best to your birthday!! Big hugs from over here.
I don't know which date is day 159, my birthday was the 11th of June and I hope you had such a wonderful day like me.
Wish you a lot of fun with your lense.
maike
ah, btw ... great photos at all!!
I already wished you happy birthday, but here's again - Happy Birthday (to us)!
Are you still waiting for your kitchen remodel? The cupcakes look yummy!
Kate certainly is a beautiful model. Love the hair bow!
Your tomatoes will be delicious soon. I harvested my first two last week and pulled two ripe ones off the vines this a.m.
A new lens for your trusty Canon is a fabulous birthday gift!
Happy Birthday! 43 is a great age (I say that because, *ahem* that is what I just turned in April.)
Great lens and excellent photos! I now know what to put on my Christmas list.
happy Birthday!!!!
Enjoy your new lens!
I like the birthday candles.
Enthusiastic or not, great pic of Kate!
that is exactly the lens that i want! one day....soon i hope! your pictures look great since you got it, not that they werent already great, but i just love the way they look now even better.
happy belated birthday! hope you had a fantastic day
Beautiful pictures as always
Post a Comment