Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 92 thru 94

Day 94 {Entertainment on many different levels}

The girls and I went and saw Legally Blonde the Musical this afternoon.  Wow!  Such a fantastic show.

A few minutes after we left the theater we were walking through downtown towards the parking lot when I noticed that the huge plate glass window on the building we were next to was wobbling.  Then I looked ahead of me and could see that the street lights were swaying like crazy.

It only took a second for it to register that we were having an earthquake!!!

As a native southern Californian I have experienced A LOT of earthquakes and for the most part they really don't scare me. I brag to my east coast friends that earthquakes don't scare me.

I am going to change my statement:  Earthquakes are scary when you are surrounded by high rise buildings.


Day 93 {Strange place for a nursery}

We had our Easter brunch a day early over at my dad's.  It was such a beautiful day that we ate outside on the patio.  Every spring there is a mourning dove nesting in this flowering catcus that my dad has hanging on the patio.  I thought it was kind of funny that it's head was just under a weed.  

Day 92 {Sprucing things up a bit}

The walls in my living and dining room are a camel color.  The color in the back of this nook was brown (something I painted eons ago).  It looked so drab that on a whim I grabbed a bottle of turquoise craft painted and changed it.  I love the results!

13 comments:

Baby Herzog times THREE said...

Umm yeah that would scare the hizzle out of me too, glad it was just a mild one it sounds like!!!

Mari said...

That bird picture is great! Love the paint color too!

Christina said...

A friend who is visiting Los Angeles from OH this week called today to tell me about the earthquake!
Duh ~ I didn't readily notice that was a real bird and that it was nesting in real plant. :) Great shot!
Enjoying all your photos!

Lara said...

I am new to your blog and love your photos! This one is especially eye-catching, because I love the colors AND I just finished reading The Help today and loved it! Have you read it?

Darla said...

an earthquake! wow. i was wanting to visit California this summer, but you are scaring me! lol.

great photos! i don't know how you do it. the photos, the editing, the scrapbooking, crafting, wow, what else can you do?

Kathy said...

Some people here claim they felt the quake. I must have stumbled about the same time because I didn't even know about it until my daughter (a commenter above) mentioned it to me.

The weed acts as a sun umbrella for the dove. Like the turquoise background.









d

sara said...

my family felt that quake in Arizona!!!

love the picture of the dove!

the paint color is great! Have you already read The Help? one of my favorites!!!

Jennifer said...

Great shots! I love the processing you did on the last one - it's very cool.

moments-photography said...

Oh Michelle, these colors, absolutly amazing...

Unknown said...

wow... great Pictures... I love the bird! and the Teapot is great!

bentonflocke said...

Fantastic bird picture!! Great captured. Wow an earthquake - glad you are save and nothing serious happened to you

debi9kids said...

yeah. Pretty much i HATE the thought of earthquakes (I have only felt one before and it was a teeny tiny one when i was little)
I could never live in CA!

LOVE the final photo! The color does look wonderful behing the teapot :)

Kathy C. said...

All lovely shots, as usual. I love the dove...how sweet is that?