Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 356 thru 361

Day 361 {Shopping the sales}

The girls and I went to the mall so that they could spend some of their Christmas money. As we were leaving the two of the were plotting how they could convince me that we needed to stop at the Humane Society on the way home (and buy them a new cat).

******************

Day 360 {Me and my shadow}

This entire week has been filled with last minute, end of the day shots. On this day I ran outside to take a picture of the sunset (which wasn't spectacular) and instead took a picture of my shadow trying to take a break from the busy holiday season.

*******************

Day 359 {Go ahead, make my day}

Grandma bought the girls marshmallow guns for Christmas. This was Reid's one and only chance to pelt me with marshmallows. If you look carefully you can see the marshmallows just above the left side of her head.

*****************
Day 358 {Christmas PJ's}

We have a tradition of giving the girls new PJ's on Christmas Eve. For the past few years I haven't been able to buy the girls matching PJ's (much to Reid's delight) because Reid was no longer a kid and Kate was. But this year I was able to find an XS adult that I knew would work for Kate. The only way Reid allowed me to take pictures of the two of them together was if I promised not to post them on my blog.

So I give you the Bee....who is always happy to appear on my blog.

***************************

Day 357 {Welcome to the 70's}

Another late night shot!

This is of the ceramic Christmas tree my mother in law made back in the 1970's. Isn't it awesome? Something tells me that a few of you had one of these tree's in your past as well??

*****************

Day 356 {Reid's ornament}

Here is this year's Hallmark ornament for Reid. The reason she has a Lion King ornament was because we saw the LK musical back in October. After seeing it Reid became a little obsessed with wanting to watch the cartoon versions. We couldn't find the tape of the original LK and let's just say she drove me a little bit crazy asking me where I thought it was!!!

10 comments:

Darla said...

i do remember those ceramic christmas trees, my grandmother had one. lol! they are really cool now again.

also, i totally understand your daughter not wanting to take a picture for fear of being on the blog! it happens here alot with my son.

Mari said...

What fun shots! We had a ceramic tree my mom made as well. Oh the memories! Love the pj's and the lion king ornament too. The marshmallow gun shot is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love these Michelle! We've enjoyed our marshmello guns here! I collect those ceramic Christmas trees! the only place I've found them is at estate sales! I have a big one and two smaller ones... did you all get a new cat???? ~Love from AL

Anonymous said...

Yes, Inquiring Minds want to know: New Cat or Not?

Best Wishes for a wonderful New Year, from the mountains to your shore!

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful photos, Michelle. I've never heard of a marshmallow gun. (Maybe that's a good thing? LOL)

I wonder: did you get a new kitty?

Christina said...

Nice pjs! My grandma had a ceramic Christmas tree. So . . . do you have a new cat? I like that marshmallow gun! Great shot!

bentonflocke said...

beautiful pictures - love the different shots from your girls!!

I wish you a Happy New Year and all the best for you and your family!

Hope we´ll continue our blogger friendship and you´ll continue the project 365

Michelle said...

No new kitty for us!

Chris said...

Wait a minute...are your daughters wearing coats on day 361?

In San Diego?

Please. Did it dip into the 70's? :)

CDB said...

I just LOVE that shot of the girls walking away.. it almost looks grainy, like Technicolor. HOw did you achieve that effect??

I'm ready to start my photoblog.. finally! I'm excited to use you as my leader.. since I have no idea what I'm doing.